Forum Upgrade 1/8/17 - Follow Up

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: So what the heck just happened?!?

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Yay! Homepage button.

Thanks Ken. :dance:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Eek! My drop-down menus are always dropped down -- the "Topic Tools" in the top-right and the "Jump To" in the bottom right.

The second is particularly annoying -- I cannot see multiple pages, and the window covers this screen when I type messages. How can I get rid of them? Clicking on them doesn't do it...
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:36 pm

moishetreats wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:30 pm Eek! My drop-down menus are always dropped down -- the "Topic Tools" in the top-right and the "Jump To" in the bottom right.

The second is particularly annoying -- I cannot see multiple pages, and the window covers this screen when I type messages. How can I get rid of them? Clicking on them doesn't do it...
Moish, please try the following. This should fix the issue.

Please clear your browser cache. Ctrl F5 on your PC may be a quick way to do so (while you have the browser open) otherwise you can check here.

http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

Thanks

KM

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:41 pm

OK, the alternate theme option has been re-enabled. Please follow the instructions below if you really hate this theme/layout. I have not customized this alternate layout yet in any way wioth a logo, custom menu options etc. I will do so when I have a chance but it will honestly be a secondary priority. But I did want to make this option available as early as possible.

This alternate theme is probably the most basic, common, standard theme used by phpbb. So it should be pretty functional and stable. If you continue to experience any weird behavior after switching themes, please be sure to clear your cache as outlined in the post above.

Go to your login name in the very upper right corner, click on the drop down arrow, select User Control Panel.

Click on the Board Preferences Tab, under My Board Style select Prosilver, save. Then try some different parts of the site.

This is the default theme that ships with the phpbb base install. Nothing fancy, very basic, I don't even have a DLF logo there yet. But let me know if the readability is better for you.

Anyone else wanting to try the different theme can do so as well.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:04 pm

I cleared my cache and I don't have the issue with the auto-pop up tabs anymore. Much better. Thanks for fixing that!

I'm using Chrome on a Macbook and everything seems to be working correctly now.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:47 pm

Cache is money.

hah. nerd humor... :roll:

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:55 pm

DontHasselTheHoff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:59 pm
that one guy wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:54 pm This is probably just specific to me:

Being colorblind, the lack of background color/s makes it practically impossible to tell if threads have new posts or not. On mobile (iPhone/Safari), it's all just gray and black. The old version had yellows (well, that's what I saw) behind the text that helped contrast the difference in shade to indicate read v unread posts
I literally just came here to write this exact same thing - color blindness is real people!!!
×3. I can't see what posts are unread, would definitely appreciate a new theme.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:19 pm

pokerface40 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:55 pm
DontHasselTheHoff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:59 pm
that one guy wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:54 pm This is probably just specific to me:

Being colorblind, the lack of background color/s makes it practically impossible to tell if threads have new posts or not. On mobile (iPhone/Safari), it's all just gray and black. The old version had yellows (well, that's what I saw) behind the text that helped contrast the difference in shade to indicate read v unread posts
I literally just came here to write this exact same thing - color blindness is real people!!!
×3. I can't see what posts are unread, would definitely appreciate a new theme.
The alternate theme is available for use.

Go to your login name in the very upper right corner, click on the drop down arrow, select User Control Panel.

Click on the Board Preferences Tab, under My Board Style select Prosilver, save.

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:34 am

I have to admit I'm liking the new layout. I mostly use a Mobil device (iPhone) to browse, and this new layout is far superior imo.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:12 am

I have to re-log in every morning. Clicking the "remember me" button doesn't address this. Anyone else have that issue?

Using Chrome.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:16 am

dlf_kenm wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:05 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:22 am

I'm not colorblind and I can't figure anything out either. I really dislike the new theme, hopefully we can change it at some point.
Thanks for the feedback DD. Are there some specific things you are unable to do or figure out?

I'll be adding an alternate theme you can select as your default, hopefully by the end of the day. But each theme usually brings with it it's own set of pro's and con's.
Just figuring out which posts are read/unread, which threads I've replied to, etc. The old layout was really intuitive in that regard. I will try the alternate theme and see how that is.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:36 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:36 pm
moishetreats wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:30 pm Eek! My drop-down menus are always dropped down -- the "Topic Tools" in the top-right and the "Jump To" in the bottom right.

Please clear your browser cache. Ctrl F5 on your PC may be a quick way to do so (while you have the browser open)
Worked perfectly. Thank you!!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:54 pm

I am so torn.

I much prefer the colour of the we_universal theme.
I much prefer the layout of the prosilver theme.

...Is there any way to like... combine them?
Potentially silly question, I know.

that one guy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby that one guy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:53 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:16 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:22 am

I'm not colorblind and I can't figure anything out either. I really dislike the new theme, hopefully we can change it at some point.
Thanks for the feedback DD. Are there some specific things you are unable to do or figure out?

I'll be adding an alternate theme you can select as your default, hopefully by the end of the day. But each theme usually brings with it it's own set of pro's and con's.
Just figuring out which posts are read/unread, which threads I've replied to, etc. The old layout was really intuitive in that regard. I will try the alternate theme and see how that is.
I will say the prosilver theme is much more appeasing to my eyes.

That said, I *think* the issue with read/unread posts is the old format had thread titles in bold if unread or new posts and those that had been read were in regular font. At least, that's how I remember it. This new update just leaves everything in bold font

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:43 pm

that one guy wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:53 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:16 am

I will say the prosilver theme is much more appeasing to my eyes.

That said, I *think* the issue with read/unread posts is the old format had thread titles in bold if unread or new posts and those that had been read were in regular font. At least, that's how I remember it. This new update just leaves everything in bold font
Glad the prosilver theme is a solid option for you. Thanks!