Forum Upgrade 1/8/17 - Follow Up

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
dlf_kenm
Administrator

Re: So what the heck just happened?!?

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Missile wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:12 pm I keep getting logged out when I move from 1 topic to the other. Ex-from Dynasty discussion to Dynasty team advice.

Also, how do you see original poster and date of a thread? It only shows the most recent post.
Now that is a weird one. Can you please try clearing your browsers cache of files, cookies, etc? Pm me if you are not sure how.

Thanks

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:14 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:35 pm
Android chrome user here. I will echo this.
The pop up menus are the biggest issue, but the functionality and formatting is poor for me as well.
What type of Android device are you using? I'm not yet able to reproduce the issue on my own android or several others.
I'm looking into the formatting to tighten up some of the white space.
Also, what functionality issue(s) are you referring to?

Thanks

KM
I am using an LG Nexus 5.
You referred to the formatting issue.

I've had a few weird things happen - for example, I'll click on the last page number and it will load a completely different thread (this has happened a couple times). I'm not sure what caused it; it almost seemed like when I tapped on it - it was not finished loading the page and took me to a separate thread. However, if I just sit there and look at it - it appears to have finished loading. I am not really sure how you would troubleshoot that but it is not a problem I have had.

Someone above mentioned issues with logging out, I have had that happen as well; however there does not seem to be a discernible pattern to when it happened. Cookies/cache have been cleared and are also enabled.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:42 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:01 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:31 pm Maybe I'm just missing it, but is there a link from the forum pages back to the DLF homesite? It doesn't seem like clicking the logo takes you back to the homepage, and I'm not seeing how to return expect via my browser's "back" button. Safari on Mac.
Have not added those links yet, but they are on the list. Those and several other tweaks will be completed in the coming days. Thanks!
Thanks Ken, good to know it wasn't just me being illiterate with the new forum format. I think the update is pretty sweet overall. :thumbup:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:44 pm

I will say this - I am presently on the boards on my work laptop and it runs substantially smoother than my mobile.

Not a bad difference and quite similar on PC.

Overachiever77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Overachiever77 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:23 pm

Overachiever77 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:33 pm Is there still a way to go to the first unread post in a topic? I see the link to view the last post but not the first unread post.
Never mind I found it!
10 team, .5 PPR dynasty, 25 man roster plus 5 rookie/2nd year taxi
Start 1QB, 2RB, 2,WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE flex, 1K, 1DST

QB: Watson, Tua, Stafford, Richardson
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Chubb, Dobbins, Swift, Stevenson, Gibbs, Pacheco, Charbs
WR: AJB, Evans, Chase, E. Moore, McLaurin, Jeudy, JSN, Metchie, A. Pierce, Doubs
TE: Andrews, Pitts, Goedart, Ertz, Likely
K: Koo
D/ST: BAL, MIA, LV
2024: 1,2, 2, 3, 3,4,4

Missile
Captain
Captain

Postby Missile » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:49 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:03 pm
Missile wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:12 pm I keep getting logged out when I move from 1 topic to the other. Ex-from Dynasty discussion to Dynasty team advice.

Also, how do you see original poster and date of a thread? It only shows the most recent post.
Now that is a weird one. Can you please try clearing your browsers cache of files, cookies, etc? Pm me if you are not sure how.

Thanks
Looks like that did the trick. I'll let you know if otherwise. Thanks

toine
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby toine » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:03 pm

moderator control panel is un-usable...
Don’t be sad that it’s over. Smile because it happened.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:35 pm

toine wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:03 pm moderator control panel is un-usable...
Can you be more specific?

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:21 pm

Wndows 8.1, Explorer, all the drop boxes are still open.
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:44 am

Google Chrome browser on MacBook still has all the drop down boxes open.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:08 am

Thanks everyone for the feedback and reaponses. I am continuing my efforts to resolve the menu auto opened issue some of you are experiencing. I am unable to reproduce the issue on any of my local devices nor on any emulated environment including the os/browser combinations mentioned above and in PMs sent to me.

If you are experiencing this issue I would ask that you clear your browser cache completely and restart your browser. Even if you have already done this, if you could do this again that would eliminate one more possible cause of the issue. Therr may have been changes to code since you last attempTed this and your browser may be holding on to bits of old code that are contributing to the issue.

Thanks so much!

KM

that one guy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby that one guy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:54 pm

This is probably just specific to me:

Being colorblind, the lack of background color/s makes it practically impossible to tell if threads have new posts or not. On mobile (iPhone/Safari), it's all just gray and black. The old version had yellows (well, that's what I saw) behind the text that helped contrast the difference in shade to indicate read v unread posts

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:58 pm

that one guy wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:54 pm This is probably just specific to me:

Being colorblind, the lack of background color/s makes it practically impossible to tell if threads have new posts or not. On mobile (iPhone/Safari), it's all just gray and black. The old version had yellows (well, that's what I saw) behind the text that helped contrast the difference in shade to indicate read v unread posts
It's been a long time since I've been an admin on a forum site but I'm pretty sure the phpBB software supports a variety of skins. I would think it should be able to be installed and set up so that end users can customize this but it doesn't appear the feature is currently implemented.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:32 pm

that one guy wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:54 pm This is probably just specific to me:

Sorry to hear this, guy! Skip is correct, it is possible to load up alternate themes for the forum. Part of the challenge with that though is that each theme or style can bring it's own set of challenges and issues. Most of the issues discussed here are theme related issues. The default theme for phpbb was much more hosed than the current theme, which was a factor in not selecting it in the first place.

Once I iron out a few more issues with this theme, I will fire up an alternate theme and enable the option to choose a theme. I'll make sure it's a high contrast theme so it will be more readable for you, guy. I would not want to do more than two though as too many themes will multiply the amount of work and complexity of troubleshooting issues.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

KM

DontHasselTheHoff
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DontHasselTheHoff » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:59 pm

I literally just came here to write this exact same thing - color blindness is real people!!!
Team 1:
12 Team 1/2 PT PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, FLEX
QB : P. Rivers, J. Garoppolo
RB : M. Gordon, L. Fournette, A. Collins, T. Cohen, I. Crowell, A. Ekeler
WR : OBJ, T. Hill, J. Nelson, L. Fitzgerald, W.Fuller, J. Crowder, C. Meredith, S. Watkins, K. Cole
TE : Z. Ertz, T. Burton, T. Eifert

Team 2:
12 Team 1/2 PT PPR (1 PT TE), 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, SuperFLEX, FLEX
QB: A. Rodgers, P. Rivers, A.Smith, C. Kessler, J. Garoppolo
RB: F. Gore, K. Dixon
WR: K. Allen, S. Watkins, M.Jones, T. Pryor, T. Lockett, T. Ginn, D. Funchess, K. White, M. Lee, DGB, L. Treadwell
TE: T. Eifert, L. Green, Fiederowicz