Forum Upgrade 1/8/17 - Follow Up

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: So what the heck just happened?!?

Postby skip » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:24 am

bigchiefbc wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:45 am I am also having the problem of every drop-down list default to open/expanded when I load the page. It is pretty annoying.
Exactly why I said it is a mess. Some threads are now unreadable.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:43 am

Thanks for the feedback folks. I'll try to respond to as many of the messages as possible here.

1. Display issues - If you are experiencing any display issues, including but not limited to the menus being open/expanded automatically when you visit the site, please let me know what browser & platform you are using. Firefox on Windows 10, Safari on Mac, Chrome on a Samsung Android, etc. This will help me to reproduce the issue and resolve it. Sounds like this is the top issue to address. You can PM me directly if you like or follow up here, either way.

2. Spacing - I like that there is a fair amount of white space, but I do agree it is a bit much. I should be able to tighten that up. I'll put that on the list.

3. Post buttons - those slender vertical buttons in each post for Quote Post, Edit Post, Report Post, etc are stylish and compact, but I agree, they are not very intuitive. Given how almost every other feature of this layout is pretty clearly labeled, those seems to stand out. Or do not stand out actually. I'll be looking into making those more clear.

4. Unread posts - agree, the unread posts images could be better. I'll add that tot he list.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Appreciate your patience and understanding.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:34 am

Change is often challenging, but I think I'll get used to the new look and feel easily enough. It's definitely cleaner, more streamlined.

Just to add to the discussion, I'm using Safari on a Mac and am also experiencing the default setting for drop-down menus as open. It blocks out the right side of the text box in the "quick reply" section and makes it very difficult to craft a post without opening the full editor.

If there's a way to change the default setting so all of those pull-downs are closed unless needed, that would be a big help.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:45 am

Oh man, I can only imagine the frustration when the backup became corrupted... I have been there. Good job resolving this with minimal impact. Change is never easy, but we'll all get used to the theme (if it stays like this). Thanks for the update.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:10 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:43 am Thanks for the feedback folks. I'll try to respond to as many of the messages as possible here.

1. Display issues - If you are experiencing any display issues, including but not limited to the menus being open/expanded automatically when you visit the site, please let me know what browser & platform you are using. Firefox on Windows 10, Safari on Mac, Chrome on a Samsung Android, etc. This will help me to reproduce the issue and resolve it. Sounds like this is the top issue to address. You can PM me directly if you like or follow up here, either way.
Mine is doing the default drop down menu open thing.

Nexus 10 tablet using Google Chrome
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Just made a change which may fix the menu auto open/expand issue. Please clear your browser cache and let me knwo if it seems any diffrent.

Thanks

KM

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:56 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 pm Just made a change which may fix the menu auto open/expand issue. Please clear your browser cache and let me knwo if it seems any diffrent.

Thanks

KM
I think the change worked for the menus. Thanks. But there is definitely a lot of excessive space and formatting when creating a post or reply. Samsung S7 with 6.0.1
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:07 pm

The menu issue is still not fixed for me. Chrome on Windows 10. And yes, I cleared cookies and cache.

Overachiever77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Overachiever77 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:33 pm

Is there still a way to go to the first unread post in a topic? I see the link to view the last post but not the first unread post.
10 team, .5 PPR dynasty, 25 man roster plus 5 rookie/2nd year taxi
Start 1QB, 2RB, 2,WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE flex, 1K, 1DST

QB: Watson, Tua, Stafford, Richardson
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Chubb, Dobbins, Swift, Stevenson, Gibbs, Pacheco, Charbs
WR: AJB, Evans, Chase, E. Moore, McLaurin, Jeudy, JSN, Metchie, A. Pierce, Doubs
TE: Andrews, Pitts, Goedart, Ertz, Likely
K: Koo
D/ST: BAL, MIA, LV
2024: 1,2, 2, 3, 3,4,4

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:13 pm

skip wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:24 am It's a mess on Android. Sent a pm.

Android chrome user here. I will echo this.
The pop up menus are the biggest issue, but the functionality and formatting is poor for me as well.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Android chrome user here. I will echo this.
The pop up menus are the biggest issue, but the functionality and formatting is poor for me as well.
What type of Android device are you using? I'm not yet able to reproduce the issue on my own android or several others.
I'm looking into the formatting to tighten up some of the white space.
Also, what functionality issue(s) are you referring to?

Thanks

KM

Missile
Captain
Captain

Postby Missile » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:12 pm

I keep getting logged out when I move from 1 topic to the other. Ex-from Dynasty discussion to Dynasty team advice.

Also, how do you see original poster and date of a thread? It only shows the most recent post.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Maybe I'm just missing it, but is there a link from the forum pages back to the DLF homesite? It doesn't seem like clicking the logo takes you back to the homepage, and I'm not seeing how to return expect via my browser's "back" button. Safari on Mac.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:43 pm

came to post exactly this , so I will echo^^

also cannot find the saints missed the playoffs again emoji?
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:01 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:31 pm Maybe I'm just missing it, but is there a link from the forum pages back to the DLF homesite? It doesn't seem like clicking the logo takes you back to the homepage, and I'm not seeing how to return expect via my browser's "back" button. Safari on Mac.
Have not added those links yet, but they are on the list. Those and several other tweaks will be completed in the coming days. Thanks!