Forum Downtime Friday Night

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
dlf_kenm
Administrator

Forum Downtime Friday Night

Postby dlf_kenm » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:52 pm

Get outside and enjoy some nice summer weather Friday night, as the DLF forum will be down for maintenance. Beginning sometime around 6:00pm PST. Ending sometime after that.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Re: Forum Downtime Friday Night

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:06 am

So you might be noticing a slight difference with the forum.

After many hours of sweat and anguish, the much anticipated and badly needed forum upgrade has finally been completed. There are a number of improvements which will directly affect your use of the forum, but honestly, I'm not at a point where I can enumerate them all right now. Go forth, explore, and any please list any questions or annoyances here. Here's an example...

One of the things I really liked about our previous forum was the ability to just click anywhere in the "box" to go into a thread - you didn't have to click on a specific message. Well, that forum theme doesn't carry over to the new forum, and I wasn't able to find a theme which included that capability. And speaking of themes, I like the look and feel of this new forum theme well enough, though it wasn't exactly what I had in mind. there may be some tweaks still coming, so just know the dust has probably not completely settled.

In particular I want to know about any big issues, like hey, one of our forums or threads is missing. Or maybe, hey, I can log in. Or something like that.

Getting a little tired and cranky. Heading off to sleep. Checking in tomorrow morning. Nite all...

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:09 am

Oh, almost forgot...

If you have a bookmark directly to this form, please be sure to update it. The forum is now located at;

http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com/dlforum

The old link will continue to redirect you, but after a while I'm going to shut that down. So please don't hate... update.

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:59 am

Lookin good fellas... loooooookiinnnnnnnnnnn good!

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:43 am

Looks good!

willypohill
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby willypohill » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:26 am

The link in the banner at the top isn't directing correctly. It directs to http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/dlforum/%7BU_INDEX which is saying Nothing Found.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:35 am

nm, deleted problem...I'm a noob.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:11 am

I love the new "Friend" feature as it provides easy access to league members usernames for private messages.

willypohill
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby willypohill » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:28 am

[quote="Steelersfan"]I love the new "Friend" feature as it provides easy access to league members usernames for private messages.[/quote]

Thanks for mentioning that. Really cool! What about the "Foe" part? What can you do with that aspect?

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:32 am

I know I'm still getting a little used to the different look. Seems to me a bit hard to spot the new posts. Might just be me. And having to click on the actual word instead of just in "the box" is still bugging me.

Any other annoyances out there to put on the list?

Also if you find any other nice tricks, definitely share them.

Thanks

Ken

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:01 am

willypohill wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:I love the new "Friend" feature as it provides easy access to league members usernames for private messages.
Thanks for mentioning that. Really cool! What about the "Foe" part? What can you do with that aspect?
Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:43 am

In this forum I see: BBCode is OFF Smilies are OFF

I can't fix it from the user control panel. Don't have this problem in any other forum so far.

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:45 am

[quote="dlf_kenm"]I know I'm still getting a little used to the different look. Seems to me a bit hard to spot the new posts. Might just be me. And having to click on the actual word instead of just in "the box" is still bugging me.

Any other annoyances out there to put on the list?

Also if you find any other nice tricks, definitely share them.

Thanks

Ken[/quote]

Ya, I'm having trouble seeing new posts too.

Annoyance: BBCode is OFF, even though I have it enabled in my User CP.

Wolfjack
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Wolfjack » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:21 pm

I'll third the comment on finding new posts. Previoulsy it was very easy to see, though unimaginative in design. Otherwise all great, especially the ability to create PM's with multiple addresses.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:35 pm

Thanks guys, glad it's not just me. I'll definitely be addressing that sooner than later.