NFL Team Talk Forum

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.

What are your thoughts on the NFL Team Talk Forum?

Do away with it
48%
Group the forums into AFC/NFC
48%
Other
4%

Total votes: 23

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

NFL Team Talk Forum

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:06 am

Hey guys, I'd like to get your opinions on the "NFL Team Talk" Forum. First off I think it was a great addition initially but it seems like there is not a lot of interest in it anymore as the dates on the last posts show. Secondly, a lot of times I'll post something there only to see the same thing posted on another forum. Another downside I see to it is the space it takes up on the forum in general.

With the forum upgrade coming soon I have been in contact with Ken M on numerous occasions concerning different ideas to make the overall forum better. One idea was to group the forums into AFC/NFC with the individual team forums under those. Another idea was to do away with the "NFL Team Talk" forum all together.

Let your feelings be known, thanks!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:09 am

Personally I'd like to see it go away. I liked the way the forum used to look without the extra clutter...

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:12 am

I am indifferent. They aren't getting used as much now as they were before but that is mostly because the season hasn't started yet. I think a single NFL talk forum would simulate the same discussions though.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:12 am

Not sure if I have ever visited it..truthfully.

willypohill
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby willypohill » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:28 am

hosler427 wrote:I am indifferent. They aren't getting used as much now as they were before but that is mostly because the season hasn't started yet. I think a single NFL talk forum would simulate the same discussions though.
I agree. I think during the season it'll be nice for keeping discussions organized but in May, June, and July, it's just not that relevant.
Michigan Maulers
QB: Brady, Bradford, Henne, Gabbert, Hill, Edwards
RB: McCoy, Turner, Ingram, Spiller, R. Jennings, Tolbert, Lewis, McGahee, Buckhalter, J. Harrison
WR: Fitzgerald, G. Jennings, V-Jax, Crabtree, Holmes, McCluster, K. Walter
TE: V. Davis, Dreessen, Bennett
K: Akers, Barth
DL: T. Kelly, Ngata, A. Brown, D. Edwards, E. Brown, Avril
LB: Lofton, Cushing, V. Miller, Orakpo, Angerer, Wimbley, Witherspoon
DB: L. Landry, Rhodes, Byrd, T. Williams, Finnegan, Meriweather, J. Smith

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:30 am

hosler427 wrote:I am indifferent. They aren't getting used as much now as they were before but that is mostly because the season hasn't started yet. I think a single NFL talk forum would simulate the same discussions though.
I thought about that too and I agree that may be part of the reason but a good amount of the team threads were rarely being used in-season...

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:31 am

yup.

-oo-

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:37 am

meineymoe wrote:
yup.

-oo-
I think that would work...It's not that I'm against the team talk forum as much as I am the overall size of the forum as a whole.

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:44 am

Steelersfan wrote:
meineymoe wrote:
yup.

-oo-
I think that would work...It's not that I'm against the team talk forum as much as I am the overall size of the forum as a whole.
It does take up a lot of space compared to the amount of activity it gets.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:47 am

You could simply do and AFC thread and an NFC thread.

While I'm thinking about it, we need to also use our chat feature more often, perhaps have scheduled Sunday Gameday chats, or chats during Monday night football or something.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:54 am

Shawn wrote:You could simply do and AFC thread and an NFC thread.

While I'm thinking about it, we need to also use our chat feature more often, perhaps have scheduled Sunday Gameday chats, or chats during Monday night football or something.
I love this :)

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:54 am

either AFC / NFC or one NFL talk seems like a good idea.

willypohill
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby willypohill » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:58 am

pvballer3915 wrote:

I think some people on here forget about DLF Chat. Even more people don't realize that you can have private chats on there, which prove extremelyyyyy convenient for trade discussions and such during a draft when you don't want everyone in the league having the ability to see your discussion.
Michigan Maulers
RB: McCoy, Turner, Ingram, Spiller, R. Jennings, Tolbert, Lewis, McGahee, Buckhalter, J. Harrison

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:00 am

willypohill wrote:
pvballer3915 wrote:

I think some people on here forget about DLF Chat. Even more people don't realize that you can have private chats on there, which prove extremelyyyyy convenient for trade discussions and such during a draft when you don't want everyone in the league having the ability to see your discussion.
One thing about the DLF chat i saw was that the name is in the way all the time (at least for me) When i type, it gets in front of it and i cant see what im saying/spelling. And then it catches up and gets all messy. Idk if its just me but the chat thing is always messin up.

willypohill
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby willypohill » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:05 am

pvballer3915 wrote:
willypohill wrote:
pvballer3915 wrote: I love this :)
One thing about the DLF chat i saw was that the name is in the way all the time (at least for me) When i type, it gets in front of it and i cant see what im saying/spelling. And then it catches up and gets all messy. Idk if its just me but the chat thing is always messin up.
Download Firefox. I guess it's a problem with Internet Explorer.
Michigan Maulers