NFL Team Talk Forum

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.

What are your thoughts on the NFL Team Talk Forum?

Do away with it
48%
Group the forums into AFC/NFC
48%
Other
4%

Total votes: 23

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:06 am

willypohill wrote:
pvballer3915 wrote:
Shawn wrote:You could simply do and AFC thread and an NFC thread.

While I'm thinking about it, we need to also use our chat feature more often, perhaps have scheduled Sunday Gameday chats, or chats during Monday night football or something.
I love this :)
I think some people on here forget about DLF Chat. Even more people don't realize that you can have private chats on there, which prove extremelyyyyy convenient for trade discussions and such during a draft when you don't want everyone in the league having the ability to see your discussion.
I agree. I have talked to Ken about having a chat window at the top of the forum so you don't have to leave the forum to use it...maybe someday... :D

willypohill
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby willypohill » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:07 am

Steelersfan wrote:
willypohill wrote:
pvballer3915 wrote: I love this :)
I think some people on here forget about DLF Chat. Even more people don't realize that you can have private chats on there, which prove extremelyyyyy convenient for trade discussions and such during a draft when you don't want everyone in the league having the ability to see your discussion.
I agree. I have talked to Ken about having a chat window at the top of the forum so you don't have to leave the forum to use it...maybe someday... :D
Facebook Chat style :wink:
Michigan Maulers
QB: Brady, Bradford, Henne, Gabbert, Hill, Edwards
RB: McCoy, Turner, Ingram, Spiller, R. Jennings, Tolbert, Lewis, McGahee, Buckhalter, J. Harrison
WR: Fitzgerald, G. Jennings, V-Jax, Crabtree, Holmes, McCluster, K. Walter
TE: V. Davis, Dreessen, Bennett
K: Akers, Barth
DL: T. Kelly, Ngata, A. Brown, D. Edwards, E. Brown, Avril
LB: Lofton, Cushing, V. Miller, Orakpo, Angerer, Wimbley, Witherspoon
DB: L. Landry, Rhodes, Byrd, T. Williams, Finnegan, Meriweather, J. Smith

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:09 am

willypohill wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
willypohill wrote: I think some people on here forget about DLF Chat. Even more people don't realize that you can have private chats on there, which prove extremelyyyyy convenient for trade discussions and such during a draft when you don't want everyone in the league having the ability to see your discussion.
Facebook Chat style :wink:
Kind of...the forum on Pigskin Addiction used to have something similar to what I described. They called it the "Shout Box" I think. It allowed you to brouse the forums and chat at the same time on the same page.

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:43 am

willypohill wrote:
pvballer3915 wrote:
willypohill wrote: I think some people on here forget about DLF Chat. Even more people don't realize that you can have private chats on there, which prove extremelyyyyy convenient for trade discussions and such during a draft when you don't want everyone in the league having the ability to see your discussion.
One thing about the DLF chat i saw was that the name is in the way all the time (at least for me) When i type, it gets in front of it and i cant see what im saying/spelling. And then it catches up and gets all messy. Idk if its just me but the chat thing is always messin up.
Download Firefox. I guess it's a problem with Internet Explorer.
I've never had a problem using it with explorer.

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:51 am

brice587 wrote:
willypohill wrote:
pvballer3915 wrote: One thing about the DLF chat i saw was that the name is in the way all the time (at least for me) When i type, it gets in front of it and i cant see what im saying/spelling. And then it catches up and gets all messy. Idk if its just me but the chat thing is always messin up.
Download Firefox. I guess it's a problem with Internet Explorer.
I've never had a problem using it with explorer.
Yea on explorer its in the way but with firefox its perfect

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:50 pm

meineymoe wrote:
hosler427 wrote:I am indifferent. They aren't getting used as much now as they were before but that is mostly because the season hasn't started yet. I think a single NFL talk forum would simulate the same discussions though.
yup.

-oo-

AGREED

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:08 am

Thanks for your input guys, much appreciated. I'm waiting to hear from the other admins about what action if any will be taken.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:16 pm

I don't really have a preference how its put together but definitely keep the forum going in some form or another.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 pm

We have decided to group the team talk forum by conference. I think it looks great, thanks for all of the input!