Forum Downtime Tonight!

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
dlf_kenm
Administrator

Forum Downtime Tonight!

Postby dlf_kenm » Fri May 14, 2010 8:37 am

The forum upgrade is all set to go on Saturday night, beginning approximately 9pm PST. The forum will be unavailable for at least a couple hours, probably longer, depending on how well and how quickly the conversion process goes. There are a few considerations to be aware of..

1. After the conversion, there is a small chance, a very small chance, that your password will no longer work. 99.5%of you will not be affected, but a very small number may be. If you return to the forum after the upgrade and your password doesn't work, use the 'Forgot My Password' link to create a new one. If that still doesn't work, then use the contact form on the website to let me know about the issue.

2. The url of the forum will change slightly. Of course the links to the forum from the main website will be updated to point to the new forum, but if you have the forum bookmarked, you'll want to update your bookmarks after the upgrade.

3. The forum will look different after the upgrade. We'll be applying a new skin to the forum, though it won't be dramatically different.

That's about it. If anything else comes up I'll let you know. Thanks, and have a great weekend!
Last edited by dlf_kenm on Wed May 26, 2010 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Update!!

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat May 15, 2010 1:15 am

Looks like it wont be happening Saturday night. Running into a couple issues with the database which must be resolved first. I'll keep you all posted as to the next targeted update time. Thanks for your patience!

Ken

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Forum maintenance Sunday Night beginning 8:00 PM PST

Postby dlf_kenm » Sun May 16, 2010 5:04 pm

Going to take another crack and upgrading the forum tonight. Don't be shocked to see it offline for a while.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sun May 16, 2010 9:54 pm

Heavy sigh *

Conversion not completed. Internal server errors during the conversion process, GoDaddy could not tell me what the errors might be, had to upgrade hosting account to get specific error messages... cause yeah, that's a crazy thing to provide to any hosted account. Takes up to 24 hours for the account upgrade to go through at which I can try again and at least enjoy the privilege of seeing why the server is failing to complete the request.

So, hang in there, I'll keep y'all posted.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun May 16, 2010 9:57 pm

dlf_kenm wrote:Heavy sigh *

Conversion not completed. Internal server errors during the conversion process, GoDaddy could not tell me what the errors might be, had to upgrade hosting account to get specific error messages... cause yeah, that's a crazy thing to provide to any hosted account. Takes up to 24 hours for the account upgrade to go through at which I can try again and at least enjoy the privilege of seeing why the server is failing to complete the request.

So, hang in there, I'll keep y'all posted.
:( Keep your chin up, Ken. Thanks for your efforts! :)
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Third Time's the charm? Right?!?

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue May 18, 2010 2:38 pm

Tonight I'll be taking another pot shot at the upgrade. Probably starting around 8:00pm PST. Prayers, sacrificial animals and vestal virgins all welcomed and appreciated... and uhh, not necessarily in that order.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Third Time's the charm? Right?!?

Postby Steelersfan » Tue May 18, 2010 3:20 pm

dlf_kenm wrote:Tonight I'll be taking another pot shot at the upgrade. Probably starting around 8:00pm PST. Prayers, sacrificial animals and vestal virgins all welcomed and appreciated... and uhh, not necessarily in that order.
:lol: Good Luck!

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:49 pm

dlf_kenm wrote:Tonight I'll be taking another pot shot at the upgrade. Probably starting around 8:00pm PST. Prayers, sacrificial animals and vestal virgins all welcomed and appreciated... and uhh, not necessarily in that order.
My cat, "Nice", says he'd be willing to sacrifice his tongue to help make it happen :shock:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Tue May 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Good luck.

There are enough of us in I.T. around here, I'm sure, who'd be able to help if something truly poops the bed...

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue May 18, 2010 10:46 pm

Once again, no dice. Still have some options to try. Sorry for the disruption folks.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Wed May 19, 2010 5:45 am

dlf_kenm wrote:Once again, no dice. Still have some options to try. Sorry for the disruption folks.
So much for those animals I sacrificied last night...
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Wed May 19, 2010 8:20 am

GridIronFavre wrote:
dlf_kenm wrote:Once again, no dice. Still have some options to try. Sorry for the disruption folks.
Animals...yeah right! *cough*virgins. :lol:

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed May 19, 2010 8:21 am

highballers wrote:
GridIronFavre wrote:
Wasn't that sounds of both coming out of Montana... :shock: :lol:

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Steelersfan wrote:
highballers wrote:
GridIronFavre wrote: So much for those animals I sacrificied last night...
Wasn't that sounds of both coming out of Montana... :shock: :lol:
Ouch!!!! :lol: