DLF Premium / Gold Name

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
dlf_kenm
Administrator

DLF Premium / Gold Name

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:36 pm

Some good news on this front.

We have finally implemented a system which will automatically synchronize the premium/group membership between the main website and the forum. If you have a premium membership on the site, and you have a corresponding account (with the same email address) here on the forum, then the forum account will automatically be placed into the Premium Members group. This will give your forum account the gold lettering as well as access tot he premium forums.

Since it does in fact sync the status, if your premium membership expires, your forum account will revert to a normal account.

I hope this makes sense, reduces the wait for the premification to happen, and makes the whole process smoother.

Any questions, let me know.

Thanks

KM

MikeBillsFan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: DLF Premium / Gold Name

Postby MikeBillsFan » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:19 pm

Testing my new account...

dlf_mikem
Administrator

Postby dlf_mikem » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:24 pm

To clarify, while it happens automatically, there is a bit of a delay. Currently the auto-magic runs twice in a 24-hour period. We will see how that goes and then bump it up accordingly if necessary.

If you have a forums account and a main site premium account with different email addresses, then what you could do is update one of them so the email addresses match. The system should identify the match the next time it runs and update your forums account to gold.

WazNFL
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby WazNFL » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:06 am

Awesome news, but I'm not sure that mine is working.

dlf_mikem
Administrator

Postby dlf_mikem » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:13 am

Looking into it Waz.

MikeBillsFan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MikeBillsFan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Woot! I am gold :clap:

dlf_mikem
Administrator

Postby dlf_mikem » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:22 pm

WazNFL wrote:Awesome news, but I'm not sure that mine is working.
Waz, I think we are set now. I see your name is gold, and everything looks good from my end, but can you confirm you have access to the premium member forums? Go to the board index and they should be in the second section of available forums (for anyone who has access).

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Many thanks to Mike MacGregor for making this happen.

In case some of you do not recognize the name, Mike is the developer of the DraftBuddy app, and has been developing & writing for FFToday for many years. He's also Canadian and an awesome dude, which is not meant to imply those are typically mutually exclusive.

WazNFL
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby WazNFL » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:02 pm

dlf_mikem wrote:
WazNFL wrote:Awesome news, but I'm not sure that mine is working.
Waz, I think we are set now. I see your name is gold, and everything looks good from my end, but can you confirm you have access to the premium member forums? Go to the board index and they should be in the second section of available forums (for anyone who has access).
We're solid, Ken. I think I know what may have caused the issue and I appreciate you taking the time to accommodate me. So, what do you plan to do with all the free time you're going to have now that you don't have to manually change people to gold?! :D

apti
Rookie
Rookie

Postby apti » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:40 am

Looks cool! However mine is not working 8-) It actually removed me from the group.

Same email address + display name on both.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:02 am

Thanks apti, not sure what happened there. Looking into it.

KM

dlf_mikem
Administrator

Postby dlf_mikem » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:37 pm

I think we've got that fixed now apti. You are gold and should stay there. Thanks for pointing that out to us.

toine
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby toine » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:20 pm

Is this why I can't see the premium/member section anymore? "ASk the DLF team"... etc..
Don’t be sad that it’s over. Smile because it happened.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:55 pm

All,

Please make sure the email address on file for your DLF Premium matches the email address for your forum account. If it doesn't, it will not reflect the Premium access and you won't be able to see that section of the forum.

You can change your website account info here (under "Account"): https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/sec/profile and your forum account info here (under "User Control Panel"): ucp.php

Eric
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

toine
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby toine » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:44 pm

dlf_kenm wrote:Many thanks to Mike MacGregor for making this happen.

In case some of you do not recognize the name, Mike is the developer of the DraftBuddy app, and has been developing & writing for FFToday for many years. He's also Canadian and an awesome dude, which is not meant to imply those are typically mutually exclusive.

Actually, they are typically mutually inclusive...
Don’t be sad that it’s over. Smile because it happened.